Patriotic decor

There are a couple of patriotic challenges going on right now (Our Daily Bread Designs, Simon Says Stamp Challenge). After I found the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, I discovered that they have a vintage challenge as well (Simon Says Stamp and Show) and the Challenge is "Anything Goes"! This piece fits both categories, so I am going to enter it there also! After debating whether or not I wanted to do a card, I decided that I needed some patriotic décor for my home. So I made this piece with a built in stand on the back. After I made it, I realized that I could use this décor not only for the Fourth of July, but also for Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day!


 
I inked the gingham ribbon with Antique Linen distress ink to tone down the red and give it a more vintage look.
 


I used chipboard for my base and attached a ribbon stopper at the bottom to keep it from sliding.



Linking this project up to the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Challenge
Simon Says Stamp and Show

Materials:

Authentique Glory
Our Daily Bread Designs sentiment-Time
Tim Holtz Distress ink-Chipped Saphire, Walnut Stain, and Antique Linen
Ribbon- Hobby Lobby and Jillibean Soup
Gems-Making Memories
Cinch chipboard


Comments

  1. What a beautiful piece, so skillfully distressed, love it! Thanks for joining us for this weeks Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Love the vintage feel! The torn papers are a great touch as well.Thank you for sharing your work with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me some love!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work! Love the layers and the distressing and the easel! Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan! I appreciate you stopping by to leave me some love!

      Delete
  4. Hi Donna!!!! THANKS for coming over to visit & leaving me a SWEET MESSAGE!!!!!:)I SEE, we DO have the SAME SCRIPTURE on our blogs!!!!!:) AND we have MORE IN COMMON than you know too!!!!!:) TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!:)

    LOOOOOOOOOOVE your card!!!!!:)I LOOOOOOVE your Liberty Bell Image!!!!!:)It will look LOVELY no matter WHERE you place it!!!!!! (Did you find me through ODB?) SOOO GLAD you came over to visit!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I did find you at ODB!! I am dying to know what else we have in common!!!! Please do share!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh and thank YOU for stopping by and leaving your kind feedback on my creation!

      Delete
  5. Don't forget Labor Day, too! :D Great stuff...as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! I sent you a PM over at CC!! Sorry it took me so long!! Thank you for your peek at my blog!!

      Delete
  6. This is just awesome! Love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet friend! How did I miss your comment so long ago? 😢 You are the absolute best inspiration in my crafty world! Love you!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous - love the colours and design :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and don't forget to link back to us if you want to be entered into the prize draw. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn! Yep :-) The link is there it is in the first paragraph. Just click on Simon Says Stamp Challenge and it takes you right there! Thank you for coming to leave me some feedback on my blog!

      Delete
  8. What a beautifully detailed patriotic card!! I just love all the distressing!!! Thanks so much for sharing at ODBD!! Please do check out the new challenge at ODBD which goes live today since you are one of the winners!!

    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME, Chris! Thank you for the heads up!! What a FANTASTIC surprise!!! And thank you for stopping by to look at my project and leaving me some love!!!

      Delete
  9. Donna -- This is such an amazing card. I love the layers and the sentiment at the bottom. Great cohesiveness of all the elements. Pinned! Congrats on the spotlight at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great vintage card! Congrats at SSS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Day Mini Album