I created this card for the Simon Monday Challenge where the challenge is "Green". This is my attempt at painting with distress inks, stains and acrylic paint.
Here are some of my supplies used. This paper is From the Teresa Collins Noel line.
I distressed the cardstock with a sander until only a slight music image showed in various places.
Next, I cleaned my work surface and paper. I used a Core'dinations Dust Buddy to wipe down my
Then with Archival ink, I inked the images onto cardstock.
Directly on my craft mat, I pressed my Distress inks and stains. I also threw down some acrylic paint.
First I painted using Distress Stain that had not been diluted.
Then I added water to my distress ink and added a little bit of white Distress Stain to get a lighter blue and I highlighted the outer edges of my flowers.
Next I mixed my blue and yellow Distress inks with some yellow acrylic paint and I diluted it slightly by misting some water in it.
Then I painted the leaves and stems.
Then I took some Distress ink and started darkening the leaves in different places
Then I highlighted the leaves with some white Distress stain. You could also use acrylic paint. Then the final steps were to stamp the sentiment, add ribbon, gems and cardstock.
Other materials used:
Navy and green cardstock-Bazzil
All stamps-Unity Stamp Co.
Thanks so much for stopping by!