A Night At The Pumpkin Patch

I host a Girls Night Out once a month in my studio. Last night was August Girls Night Out. The subject of Artist Trading Cards came up and one of the gals mentioned she was not familiar with an ATC. I quickly grabbed my collection of ATCs from my best friend Lindy. She looked through them and was in awe at her talent. She mentioned how the ATCs could inspire an A2 size card. If you are not familiar with ATCs, they are small scale cards that are exchanged. There is a theme that is decided upon each time a new card is made and based on the theme, each person comes up with a 3-1/2 x 2-1/2 card that is flat and does not open. Anyway...back to my story...this morning I went to work looking through my ATC collection to find the one that inspired me the most and here it is folks! The first image below is the original ATC made by Lindy McVay. The second picture is my card that was inspired by the ATC! I decided to CASE it and I am sooo pleased at how it turned out!!! The original ATC was made on October 20, 2013 before either one of us became Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, so her ATC does not have any Stampin' Up! products. However, today's project that I created is 100% made of Stampin' Up! products. It was one of those projects that made me giddy all the way through the creating process!!! Just sitting here looking at it makes me want to hop in a hay wagon and take a moonlit ride through the pumpkin patch fields!!! NOTES: I used a brayer to ink up the Night of Navy paper with more Night of Navy ink and then the edges were inked in Basic Black Archival ink. The card base is Basic Black cardstock. The moon is made with circle punches. The grass is made from the door frame wreath in the AT HOME FRAMELITS DIES set. The signs come from the UP & AWAY THINLITS DIES and the BOUQUET BUNCH FRAMELITS DIES. The wood posts were hand cut. The grass, pumpkins, and sign posts are all highlighted with copper embossing powder. Signs, grass and pumpkins are inked with Soft Suede ink. Two of the pumpkin centers are diecut with dies from ECLECTIC LAYERS AND BUILD A BIKE. Another important note: Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits are not available to order until September 1st.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patriotic decor

New Day Mini Album

Cloud technique